Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's on the Menu: Thanks Giving Feast

As Thanks Giving is in just two days I thought I would touch base on all the yummy things we eat on this special day.

On my plate this year I will definitely be loading up with:
Turkey
So...I have never actually cooked my own Turkey.  But I do know that whether you deep fry it or bake it in the oven...it will be delicious!

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
The key to making the best mashed potatoes is this:
Use russet potatoes.  Peel and cut into large cubes.  Put them in a pot of cool water with 2 inches of water covering the cubes.  Boil until a fork goes in easily. Strain water and return cubes to pan on medium heat.  Add warm milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste and desired  consistency.  I use a potatoe masher first and then use a whisk if I want them to be more smooth.

Stove Top Stuffing
Honestly, Stove Top is the best stuffing.  It taste the best and you just add water and milk.  What could be better?

Rolls
 I have a recipe that is similar to these... but here is her recipe.  I haven't tried it yet, but it is next on my list.

Martinelli's

Martinelli's is a classic beverage that instantly brings a sense of special occasion and celebration.

and for Desert...Pie
I want to try Lisa Ure's recipe.

Are you hungry yet?  I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment