Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birthday Dinner

This post contains the recipe for my favorite meal of all time.  It was a recipe given to us by Mechele Morgan (she is my best friend's mother and therefore my second mother). Our family lovingly calls this meal Mechele's Chicken.

Recipe:
ingredients-
3/4 cube butter
1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
pinch of salt
dash of pepper
6 chicken breasts (breast tenders are the best)
1 can evaporated milk
2 cans cream of chicken

On a plate combine pancake mix, salt, and pepper.  I usually use a fork the get all the clumps out and to evenly disperse the salt and pepper.  Coat both sides of your defrosted chicken in batter.  Brown chicken in an electric frying pan with butter.  Once all chicken is golden brown on both sides add the evaporated milk and cream of chicken.  Turn your pan on medium low.  Make sure to lift each piece of chicken so the liquids can get underneath it (this prevents scorching).  Cook for about 25 min.  or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.  Before serving just stir everything together so it's an even consistency.  Serve gravy over your favorite mashed potatoes.  

Note:  if you don't have an electric frying pan it's OK.  I don't have one either.  Just use a large skillet or frying pan.  On Sunday... I actually fried my chicken in my frying pan on the stove and then put them in my slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients.  I cooked it for 2 1/2 hours on high and came up with the same result.

This recipe is also special to me because it is one of the first meals I was able to prepare all by myself.  I am so thankful for Mom who taught me how to cook.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. Also a good thing to add to the Bisquick stuff is garlic salt. It gives it a really good flavor! ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete