Monday, November 7, 2011

The Blessing Tree

I love doing crafts, in case you weren't aware.  And I had a blast making this one.



Here's how I did it:
open up an expired  #10 can of pinto beans
hot glue some paper to it along with a sign that says, "Blessing Tree" and embellishments
have your husband climb the tree outside and cut you off a nice looking branch
remove the leaves and make sure it looks the way you want.  if not... break off a couple branches and hot glue them where you want them and then stick the branch into the beans
cut out 30 leaves (one for each day of November) then staple rubber bands to them.
hang the leaves on the tree and you are done.

Now each day have your husband write something he is thankful for on one side of a leaf and you do the same on the other side.

Today I wrote "my job" on my leaf because I have been looking for work for 3 months now and was finally offered one today. :)  My husband wrote "school" as in CSU Stanislaus. 

I love this craft because it is an easy way to remind us to count our blessings every day and it just looks stinkin' cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment