Friday, December 16, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

This year I was in charge of the music for the Ward Party.  I had a blast doing it and I hope they will ask me to do it again next year.  

Here are some of the highlights:
1. Jason Jackson made his own arrangement to "Grown Up Christmas List".  It was very beautiful and moving
2.  Primary kids upfront acting out Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer (impromto of course)
3.  Layla singing "Where are you Christmas?" -her mom coached her through it  and it reminded me of when that used to be "my" song.
4. The whole ward battling it out to "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  (Each table was a different day and they had to sing their part the best....it was hilarious!)
5. Primary kids singing "Picture a Christmas" and "Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus".
6.  Acapella number that I have been dying to do at a church function ever since I heard it the first time.  I sang this number in my High School Choir and was always touched by the spirit when we sang it.  It's called, "Sweeter Still"
7.  It took 3 times singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"  until Santa finally showed up.








No comments:

Post a Comment