Thursday, December 8, 2011

Learning from Mistakes

So...  I had heard that you could freeze a gallon of milk, get it out a couple days before you need it, and it would taste just like you got it from the store.  I've been trying to keep as much food as my tiny apartment can handle on hand.  At my current stage of food storage (living in a one-bedroom apartment with minimal storage)  I try my best to do what I can in regards to my 3-month supply.  Someday I wish to have an extra freezer to help but for now I just have my little one above the fridge.  

Anyways... I tried it.  I just stuck two gallons of milk in my freezer.  When I got them out they had expanded quit a bit and looked very yellow.  It took a week for them to thaw out. I will continue to freeze my milk, however I will be sure to drink about a cup of it first.

Next,  I froze a block of cheddar cheese.  When I got it out and started to use it I found out that it crumbles. From now on I will only freeze pre-shredded or sliced cheese.

I wish I would've read this first.  Although, sometimes we learn the best when we experience things for ourselves. I now know that you can freeze almost anything if you do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment