Sunday, December 11, 2011

Handel's Messiah

When I was in high school I was blessed to have the most amazing choir director who directed a Masterworks concert every year in March.  One of the years we sang several excerpts from Handel's Messiah and every Christmas we sang the Halleluah Chorus.  I know have grown to love this piece of music. 

On Saturday we went to church to help clean it and I was surprised to hear the most magnificent tenor voice singing in the chapel.  I couldn't help but be drawn to it.  He literally had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.  We weren't planning on going to the Turlock Stake presentation of Handel's Messiah the next day because we had plans.  However after this little taste of how good it was going to be we made up our minds to go regardless of previous plans. 

We went and were even able to bring my dad along (he loves music probably more than I do...especially the Messiah).  It was heavenly!  Not only were the soloist awesome but so was the 80-person choir.

If you haven't been I would recommend it for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment