Monday, October 31, 2011

My Favorite Halloween Costumes

Happy Halloween!!!  The best costumes are always homemade costumes.  Make Something :Monday means lots of ideas for next years costumes.  I received most of this inspiration from our ward's Halloween Spooktacular.  Some of these ideas did come from pinterest and etsy though.

Anthony and I decided to be Linus and Sally from the peanuts.  Anthony's costume was super easy to make.  Just purchase a red shirt from Michael's ($2.50) and use a sharpie and ruler to make the stripes.  Find a pair of black shorts or pants and a blue blanket (we got his at Big Lots for $3.00).  I made my costume from a hand-me-down dress.  I cut of the bottom of the dress and use that fabric to make a ruffle.  I use a hot glue gun, but a sewing machine probably would have worked better.  I used a sharpie to make the polka dots.  Used some left-over material to make a bow and then I hot-glued that to a hair clippie.  I also bought cute blue socks ($1.00 at Big Lots).
<3 Linus and Sally. We are so in love! <3
 Here are two cute little ladybugs.  I was nicknamed after the ladybug... so I love these costumes!
 This lovely lady won first place in the Costume Parade with her home-made Wonder Woman Costume!
 The princess is timeless and classic.  Maya borrowed her's from Sis. Norman.  Proof that this costume can be used over and over again.
 Here is Abby sporting her awesome Sunflower Costume.
 This is hands-down my favorite this year!  R2D2 made with a bucket, a bowl, and some stickers his mom found online.
 Rapunzel from Disney's Tangled was very popular this year.  SO popular that the long braids were being sold out of the Disney stores almost before they were delivered.  Sydney, however, has gorgeous blonde hair so her mom braided it (she used several small braids that all combined into one two-handed braid) and put lots of little flowers in it.
 Laura shows off her creativity with this number.  She is a lawn gnome!  She decorated a watering can to go with it (although it is not pictured here).
 Such a cute family.  The Degraw's used a theme for their family.  I love that Tinkerbell costume.
 No-sew tutus are a must when it comes to Halloween.  I love it when spooky witches are made cute.
 I've seen this owl several times this October circulating through pinterest...and let's just say she is sooo much cuter than the owl I was for fourth grade.  Mine was made of a large brown paper bag.  I hated that thing. (No offense Mom- She never liked making costumes anyways...)
A whole family of angry birds is one hilarious sight to see.
 This chicken is stinkin' cute!  I love the beanie.
 Such a cute idea.  This would be a fun one to create.
 This would be such a fun way to dress the family up.  I don't know how you would make this one... but it's alright to splurge a little for a sweet costume like this.
 This is the first Halloween beanie that caught my eye.  They are perfect for cold nights out trick-or-treating.  Not to mention the fact that a baby dressed up as Mike Wazowski is to dye for.
  Boo would be super easy.  Just need a long pink shirt, some purple leggings, white slippers or tennis, and some killer pig tails to go with it.
 Everyone in my family was a pumpkin patch for our first Halloween.
 Anything candy corn is guaranteed to be darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment