Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Decorations - with common houshold items

It's Make Something :Monday which means it's time for a fun craft. 

I think the best decorations are home-made decorations, and it doesn't hurt when I can do something cute for little to no money.  So, I searched through my closets and around my apartment to find supplies that I already have.  I found tissues, cotton balls, a black sharpie, some white string or thread, a couple pieces of ribbon, a long strand of pretty lace, some fake flowers, wax paper, and a whole bunch of paper.

First I had my husband help me to make the bats.  This project is fairly simple, but it is nice to have a buddy to help do all the cutting.  This could make for a fun Family Home Evening activity.

You will need:
black paper (we used sparkly black paper, which makes them even more awesome)
scissors
tape (painter's tape would work well)
pencil

Basically, you do this project like you would make paper hearts for Valentine's.  Simply find a bat you like or use your imagination and make a quick template.  Fold the paper in half and trace your template. Cut them out.  Tape them to the wall, or door.  If you keep them slightly folded they look more realistic.  Add the more bats the better.

Here's my inspiration.  I love her blog!  Turns out she got her inspiration from country living. (this happens to be on pinterest as well)

 Let's see how they turned out...

The next project I did was Paper Pumpkins.  For this project cut 1 inch strips of paper and punch holes in both ends.  Then thread a ribbon through and tie a knot at both ends.  Add embellishments if you so desire and you are finished.

Take a look:

This next project I came up with all by myself...

Here's how I did it.  First I decided on what I wanted the banner to say.  Then I choose how large the font of the letters should be and I choose a different font for each letter.  Print.  Cut out.  Glue to background paper.  Punch holes.  Thread lace through.  Tie knots around the "or" so it stays 3 distinct words... and VIOLA!  Cute, simple, I love it!

Here are some other things I made...








No comments:

Post a Comment