Saturday, October 22, 2011

Candy Corn Nails

Today is Save Time For Me :Saturday!  So that means that it is time to take a moment and stop worrying about everyone else, and do something for yourself.  Saturdays are the day for beauty tips and health advice.

It's almost Halloween and I am showing my spirit with a Candy Corn Manicure. I found this idea here.  You can read a great tutorial on how to do this look here.  WARNING: May cause an overwhelming desire to eat Candy Corn!

To achieve this festive mani you will need:
base coat
yellow, white, and orange polish (I didn't have orange so I mixed yellow and red)
scotch tape
top coat

Begin by painting your nails with one coat of base.  Then add two coats of orange.  I waited 24 hours before doing the next step, which gave me a chance to sport orange nails for a day.  I then cut strips of tape in various sizes and applied them to both hands (place tape securely over the coat of orange in the center of your nails.)  Then paint white and yellow.  After it is completely dry remove the tape.  Add a coat of clear and you are finished.
Here's how mine turned out:
Next year I think I will switch the yellow and white polish, but overall I think this was a success.

You could also put the tape on a diagonal and paint them that way, or add a thin line of silver sparkles in between each color.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I look at my nails I want to eat candy corn! I need to go buy some asap.

    ReplyDelete