Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Best Sugar Cookies

Today is Tasty Treats :Tuesday! The day we talk about anything food and learn new recipes.

I was given this recipe by Sister Walton.  It is my very favorite sugar cookie recipe and it is so easy.
You will need:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tb. milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg
and mix.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
Let hubby {or the kids} snitch some dough
 Refrigerate for 2 hours to roll out... or roll in hands
and place on ungreased cookie sheet
Press flat with sugar coated cup.
 
 Bake for 12 min. or until lightly browned on bottom edge.  

This recipe yields 30 cookies.

Note: My oven is funny so I had to bake my cookies at 350 Degrees for 8 min.  Just be on the safe side and check your cookies periodically while they bake.  There is nothing more sad than a batch of burnt cookies.

You can leave unfrosted and they will be plenty sweet or if you are up to it make your favorite frosting and decorate them. I make my frosting with butter, powdered sugar and milk.  I just eyeball the measurements on this one.

I hope you enjoy your yummy cookies! ...better yet make them, eat one or two, and give the rest away.

No comments:

Post a Comment