Sunday, February 24, 2013


How far along: 8 weeks
Baby is the size of: a large raspberry 
Total weight gain: I have only had one Dr. appointment and that is how I will be keeping track.... more news next week
Name: 2 front runners still need a girl's middle name but Anthony likes it without one... I think she HAS to have one
Gender: don't know yet
Best moment this week:  Yesterday... we had a day off from Opera Practice and we enjoyed every moment of it.  We actually ate a real dinner...salmon and baked potatoes, we even lit some candles.  It was so nice to just snuggle and do nothing  at all
Food cravings: nachos and cinnamon twists from Taco Bell (haven't eaten hardly any fast food since we've been married...more than 2 years), homemade nachos, chocolate dipped pretzels, Bread, Bread, and more Bread
Anything making you queasy or sick: not really. everything smells a lot stronger, great for the yummy smells.. really not great for the yucky ones.  As long as I eat regularly I am ok... tummy tends to hurt after dinner and sometimes I have a really hard time falling asleep because of it.  I am thinking if I haven't vomitted yet I will most likely get to skip out on that yucky symptom. *Knock on Wood*
Sleep: can't get enough, this opera has really kicked my butt! We have had rehearsals all week and don't get home until 10 or 11... I like to be in bed by 9 at the latest... so my naps are extra long
Pregnancy symptoms:  I get these really sharp pains by my hip bones occasionally.  ouch!  worse than a charlie horse or cramps, some aches and pains, a little tummy trouble, mostly I HATE HORMONES!!!  I don't like not feeling in control of my emotions...I get so angry over the tiniest things... not good.
Miss anything:  I miss being myself all the time.... I feel like now I have an evil twin sister and she hangs around much too often.  I am usually a very kind nice person to be around.  Blasted hormones
Maternity clothes: not yet but I didn't realize how uncomfortable jeans are until now.  I am constantly unbuttoning them at home
Belly button in or out: in
Stretch marks: none yet... but I am sure they will show up eventually 
Movement: none felt yet
Happy or Moody most of the time: split... I am either complaining about nannying, the opera, or pregnancy symptoms and I feel like the world is ending or I am so overjoyed and can't stop smiling and telling my hubby I love him.  Some mornings he will even say, "You are so happy today... (mumbles)unlike yesterday."
Baby gear purchases: none yet although whenever I am at the store I must look at all the baby clothing!  Some outfits are so darling it is hard to pass them up.  We will wait 'til we know the gender to purchase stuff.
Wedding rings on or off: on
Early labor signs: nope
Daddy moment:  Daddy tried to hear baby's heartbeat with a stethescope.  Silly hubby.
Most recent doctor's appointment: my pregnancy test that I had to take at the clinic is positive.  Doctor says I am due on September 12th.
Looking forward to: the opera ending, baby bump, telling the world our little secret

No comments:

Post a Comment