Friday, March 30, 2012

Morning Jogs With Husb

I have had the goal to go running in the mornings for a while now but I just couldn't do it without a buddy.  Last Monday, Anthony just decided that we were going to do it together.  He sets the alarm for 6 in the morning and wakes me up every morning.  We get all bundled up and go jog around the block.  Last week we only ran 3 out of the 5 days and did a total of 4.2 miles for the week.  When we started I could not even run one lap (0.7 miles) without stopping.  

This week we have run every morning and did a total of 10.5 miles.  On Wednesday I ran 2.5 miles which is the farthest I have ever run without stopping.  The next day we ran a 5k!! That's 3.2 miles without stopping. I was determined to do it in under 40 min. so we picked up the pace for the last 3 min. or so.  We sprinted the ending stretch and it felt great!  I am so proud of myself and am so thankful for such a wonderful partner in life who helps me to accomplish my goals.  Plus we get in really good conversation before our day even starts.  I love our morning runs!

 A big thumbs up after my first 5k with Hubby by my side every step of the way.  Notice the huge grin and red face.
3.2 miles in 39 minutes and 48 seconds.  I have until the 14th of April to improve that time because we will be competing in a 5k race.

No comments:

Post a Comment