Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seriously Yummy Chicken Strips

Last night for dinner Hubby requested homemade chicken strips and french fries.  I had never made chicken strips from scratch but I found this super yummy and easy recipe on http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Fried-Chicken-Strips.  When I made them I found the best way to crush the saltines was to combine all the dry ingredients in a gallon Ziploc and roll over the bag with a rolling pin.  Also, be sure to cut your chicken into then strips so they cook all the way though.

Homemade french fries I learned form my mom.  Simply peel and slice up one potato per person. Use 1/4 inch slices.  Deep fry until golden brown.  Let sit on paper towel covered plate to drain excess oil.  Add salt.  She also makes a fries sauce which is just 1 part ketchup to 1 part mayo. Meals like this make me crave Koolaid because it reminds me of my childhood.  So last night we had grape Koolaid to go along with our delicious meal.  These chicken strips are seriously the best I have ever had and are so easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment